Here are some common questions about Microblading (Permanent Makeup) or Cosmetic Tattooing.
WHAT IS COSMETIC TATTOOING?
Cosmetic tattooing, also referred to as permanent makeup or micropigmentation, is the process of implanting colour pigment beneath the surface of the skin by means of tiny, sterile, disposable needles to produce the appearance of hair strokes, makeup, or to enhance the natural features of the face.
DOES IT HURT?
HOW LONG WILL IT LAST?
HOW MANY TREATMENTS ARE NEEDED?
PLEASE NOTE: If you have had your eyebrows previously tattooed and are interested in a cover-up/re-work, you MUST come for a free consultation, or email a clear picture before your appointment. We cannot guarantee results for cases such as these and we must approve that your eyebrows are workable. In some cases where the previous work is too dark, dense, discoloured, or large, tattoo removal will be highly recommended before we begin the cover-up/re-work. Previously tattooed areas and cover-ups will almost always require additional touch-ups for best results and will be charged accordingly.
WILL COSMETIC TATTOOING WORK FOR ME?
- If you have little to no existing hair, your tattoo will appear more 2-dimensional than those clients who have more hair naturally.
- Eyeliner and lip procedures work well on most people.
- If you are a frequent smoker, your pigment may fade sooner.
- If you are iron deficient or Anemic, your pigment may fade sooner and bleeding/bruising may occur during and after the procedure.
CAN I GET TATTOOED IF I AM PREGNANT OR NURSING?
HOW WILL MY COSMETIC TATTOO LOOK IN THE FUTURE?
WHAT ABOUT LONG TERM CARE?
Fading speed depends on your skintype, lifestyle, sun exposure, pigment colour used, broken capillaries, and if any chemical peels were done after your procedure.
If you are planning a chemical peel, laser treatment or other medical procedure, please inform the technician that you have had a cosmetic tattoo. Careful application must be taken to avoid affecting the tattooed area. We will provide detailed aftercare instructions and an aftercare product at the time of your first procedure.
WHAT SHOULD I DO BEFORE MY PROCEDURE?
- If you have an ideal shape and colour in mind feel free to bring photo examples.
- You may fill in your eyebrows as you normally would so we can take into consideration the shape you desire.
- If you regularly get your eyebrows shaped, waxed, threaded or tinted, please do so at least 3 days before your appointment. If there are any stray hairs that fall outside of our final shape, we can remove them.
- If you plan to go on a vacation, it is best to plan your trip a minimum of 14 days after the procedure. Or get your tattoo after vacation.
- We require our clients to avoid any blood thinning medication for a minimum of 72 hours prior to their appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, fish oil supplements, and Ibuprofen.
- Do not drink any alcohol the night before and day of your appointment and limit the amount of caffeine you consume.
- If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
- It is highly recommended that you avoid SUN and TANNING BED exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your deposit. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.