It’s a known fact that exercise is important in our daily lives; but some people may not know what or why exercising is truly good for the body. Regardless if you live a busy lifestyle, have kids at home, or don’t have a ton of motivation – there are many ways you can and should fit in some sort of physical activity during the week.
There are many benefits when it comes to exercise; keep in mind each person is different and just because you see someone running a half marathon doesn’t mean you should be going out there trying to achieve that yourself. Everything should be done in moderation and in regards to how much your body can handle.
Here is a list of reasons why it is important to exercise regularly:
- Help reduce your risk of having a heart attack
- Helps with weight loss and weight management
- Lower blood cholesterol level
- Lower the risk of type 2 diabetes and some cancers
- Lower blood pressure
- Promotes a healthier sex life
- Have stronger bones, muscles and joints and lower the risk of osteoporosis
- Improves brain function
- Improves recovery time after an injury
- Promotes better sleep
- Healthier mindset
- Reduced stress level
- Boosts energy
Remember the type of exercise you do is not important (whether it be going for a walk, playing a sport, or going to the gym), any sort of regular physical activity is extremely beneficial for the body, mind, and spirit.